Alan Feirer, Founder
With a Master’s degree in education and a history of building solid programs in schools since 1991, Alan Feirer established Group Dynamic as a leadership training business that started in district classrooms and soon branched into businesses and organizations, going full time in 2010.
Since then he has motivated people in all types of organizations and industries, from health care, to agriculture, to fortune 200 companies, and equipped them with tools to further develop their teams on a healthy and revitalized foundation.
He currently lives in Winterset, Iowa, with his wife, Julie, and daughter, Mara. He enjoys competitive Scrabble, cooking, eating, traveling, exercise, politics, and all things Disney.
- Past President of the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD Iowa Chapter) 2014
- ASTD National
- Inscape Publishing Authorized Distributor (DiSC®)
- Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers
- Iowa Alliance for Arts Education
- Iowa Bandmasters Association
- Madison County Chamber of Commerce
- Windsor Heights Chamber of Commerce
- West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce
- Group Dynamic acts as a SHRM Preferred Provider and HRCI Approved Provider with the approval to award HR professionals re-certification credits for attending training sessions. Group Dynamic is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM
- Everything DiSC® – a collection of personality profiles and training materials used as the foundation of many Group Dynamic training programs. Alan is an Everything DiSC® Authorized Partner.
- Authorized Partner of The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™, a facilitation program that helps professionals and organizations learn how to work better and more effectively on teams.
Julie Feirer, Web Development/Editor
Julie has a freelance website design business known as Winterset Websites, and also writes a community news and events blog, The Winterset Citizen. She is married to Alan and offers assistance to Group Dynamic mainly in the form of website development and book editing, as well as providing a frequent sounding board for ideas. Together, Julie and Alan Feirer are incorporated as Feirer Enterprises, Inc.
Ashleigh graduated high school from Winterset, IA, where Group Dynamic is currently based. She is now residing in West Des Moines, IA, after her completion of study at Iowa State University. At ISU, she received a B.A. in Communication Studies, and a double-major in German Language and Culture. Ashleigh has been interested in human development from an early age. Prior to the opportunity to work with Alan and Group Dynamic, she gained insight into the world of professional communication through her work in customer service. Ashleigh enjoys contributing to the positive efforts of Group Dynamic. “Alan’s insights and research are fascinating and very useful, no matter your profession,” she says.
Jordan Kuhns, Graphic Design
Jordan is originally from Winterset, IA, and currently resides in Bloomington, IL. He has his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Illinois Wesleyan University, and recently received his MBA from Illinois State University. Jordan works for an Agriculture Cooperative in Bloomington, but does freelance graphic design on the side. He’s interested and passionate in what good leadership looks like and how it’s achieved. He also loves creating simple and modern graphic designs from wedding invitations to book covers to business cards. The work he provides for Group Dynamic is a perfect fusion of his passions for both leadership and modern, clean design. Jordan designed the covers for Alan’s books, The Group Dynamic Field Guide: 51 Ideas Leaders Can Use Today, and The Group Dynamic Field Guide for Youth. He also designed Group Dynamic’s full-color, high-quality job aids, which are distributed in Group Dynamic workshops for participants to take back and display in their own work areas as reminders of the concepts learned. Since January 2015, approximately 2,800 of these job aids have been distributed in Group Dynamic workshops.