What Is DiSC®?
The DiSC® Profile is an assessment used by more than 40 million people to improve work productivity, teamwork and communication.
Your DiSC® profile is based on a blend of four primary personality or behavioral preferences and their relationship to each other. Originally based on the work of William Mouton Marston, the DiSC® Personality Test has evolved into its 3rd generation, the Everything DiSC® model. Now we are able to generate instant online results that provide you with higher validity, reliability, personalization and usability than previously found in the older 28 and 24 question tests. We us real-time, interactive adaptive testing in conjunction with a 79 question assessment. All of our profiles are researched, developed and validated learning tools from Everything DiSC®, a Wiley Company (previously Inscape Publishing). Learn more about the four DiSC® styles.
Who Uses DiSC®?
DiSC® has evolved into a premier personality and behavioral test and assessment-based learning tool used by:
- Human resource and talent management professionals in Fortune 500 and 100 companies and corporations
- Federal and state government agencies
- Educational institutions
- The not-for-profits sector
- Consultants, trainers and coaches
DiSC® provides insights into one’s natural and adaptable behavior styles based on their personality. All DISC® Profile tests are validated learning tools, focusing on people-skills. DISC® is a user friendly, non-judgmental survey for understanding behavioral preferences and personality styles.
Each DiSC® style is a blend of these four primary personality types:
Dominance: Direct, decisive, independent and to the point. Bottom line and results oriented. They are often strong-willed, enjoy challenges and immediate results.
Influence: Optimistic, social and outgoing. They enjoy being on teams, sharing openly, entertaining and motivating others.
Steadiness: A team player, cooperative and supportive of others. They prefer being in the background, working in a stable environment. They are often good listeners and prefer to avoid conflict and change.
Conscientiousness: Cautious and Concerned. They are focused on quality, details and accuracy.
Everything DiSC®: Communication and Work Style Profile Facilitation and Implementation
- Improve communications for teams, leadership, management, and/or sales.
- Targeted assessments delve deeply into one (or all) of these specific areas.
- Assessments and training are based on the research-validated DiSC approach.
- Sessions in the workplace can be as short as 3 hours, or as long as 8.
- Breakout sessions for conferences can provide a fun, actionable introduction to DiSC in a brief time period.